July 24, 2010

Eco-friendly, Eco-chic Favors

It's been awhile since I last blogged. The studio has been very busy with so many custom invitations and so many new and unique artwork to be done! We're working on  sand initials invite for Nicole, a jewish shawl for Amanda and Abbe, and a custom couple artwork for Stephanie.

Besides Passion Paper, as a family, we've finally finished our daughter's 4th birthday eco-friendly flowers and bug theme party! It was a success! Now, we're off to a baptism for our newest member of the family.

I've been thinking about different themes for his baptism. First it was "The Little Prince" with light blue, silver and cream colors...lanterns hanging from our trees, simply elegant and petit! But after much thought, I wanted to go for a more down to earth, natural theme for him. It seems fitting for our little guy. Since the venue will be on our own background and in October, I thought more of just a simply natural nature theme for him. Our backyard consists of two huge redwood trees and surrounded with jasmine vines! With all that said, I've been doing research on decorations and favors. I love, love eco friendly favors, favors that can either be planted or reused. We used this idea for our wedding back in 2003 (when eco-friendly wasn't much of a hype yet). Ours is the bamboo favor. Can you believe that after 6 years (coming onto 7 years in October 11) we still have our bamboo plant.?! I had added the A loves R stamp on the pot and in the final version, we also had a custom tag that I designed.

As for Asher's baptism favors (that's our little guy's name), I love the idea of the cactus or the redwood tree, but not sure if the redwood tree would be cute for a little guy! Have fun and enjoy. If you have any ideas on eco-friendly favors, send them my way and I'll post them here. I would love to see what you come up with too!

Enjoy, -r.



credits:
1) Bamboo favor: our own personal favor
2) Birdseed favors by Dream Green Weddings
3) Redwood Tree Favors by edmontonweddingplanner.amodernproposal.com/
4) Pots of Herbs: by Heather and Jason, Manitou Springs, CO
5) Handmade soaps from 100 Layer Cake
6) Cupcake favors by Blissful Brownies